Two months of this year had passed, and we still did not receive the announced wave of updates to Android Marshmallow. It is obvious that Samsung delayed these updates because of the premiere of Samsung Galaxy S7. However, Asus did not talk about this subject so far. I must admit that they pretty surprised me.
Most of Asus smartphones are currently sold with Android 5.0 Lollipop on board. Fortunately, Asus does not prepare update to 5.1 version and they decided to upgrade several models of their smartphones directly to Marshmallow version. Here is a list:
- Asus ZenFone 2 (ZE550ML, ZE551ML);
- Asus ZenFone 2 Deluxe (ZE551ML);
- Asus ZenFone 2 Deluxe Special Edition (ZE551ML);
- Asus ZenFone 2 Laser (ZE500KG, ZE500KL, ZE550KL, ZE551KL, ZE600KL, ZE601KL);
- Asus ZenFone Selfie (ZD551KL);
- Asus ZenFone Max (ZC550KL);
- Asus ZenFone Zoom (ZX551ML);
- Asus PadFone S (PF500KL).
As you can see, all Asus smartphones lunched on the market in the past year will receive the update to the newest Android. How will it look in the practice? Will it contain a lot of bloatware? We have to wait until the second quarter, because then the updates will be released.