Recently, the Virtual Reality is very fashionable topic. Unfortunately, this technology has high hardware requirements, but developers also are working on this aspect. Everyone know that Virtual Technology will be popular only if needed equipment is not expensive. Unfortunately, we’ll have a little wait for it, but in the meantime we can enjoy the first mobile work station designed for Virtual Reality.
MSI has presented WT72 mobile computer with very powerful graphics module. It is equipped with Quadro M5500 which is the most powerful Nvidia mobile graphics card with 2046 CUDA cores. It is clocked at 1140 MHz and has 8 GB of RAM GDDR5. TPD of this unit is 150 W. As you can see, this is very advanced unit, so no wonder that this will used in the mobile work station dedicated for professional Virtual Reality applications. I mean, not only for VR gaming and watching of VR movies. This is mainly for VR developers and VR movie editors. Here you have the full specification of this monster mobile computer:
- Processor: Xeon E3-1505 v5, Core i7-6920HQ or Core i7-6700HQ,
- Screen: 17.3’’ with 3840 x 2160 piksels resolution (version with Xeon CPU) or 17.3’’ with 1920 x 1080 piksels resolutions (Core i7 versions),
- RAM: up to 64 GB DDR4 2133 MHz ECC (Xeon) or up to 32 GB GB DDR4 2133 MHz (Core i7),
- GPU: Nvidia Quadro M5500 with 8 GB RAM GDDR5,
- Storage: SSD 256 GB storage + 1 TB HDD,
- Optic drive: Blu-ray recorder,
- Interfaces: Thunderbolt, 6x USB 3.0, memory cards reader, audio, HDMI, RJ-45,
- Others: Killer Gaming Network E2400 network adapter, Dynaudio audio system, 1080p 30fps camera and Steelseries keyboard,
- Operating system: Windows 10,
- Prices: $6899 (about Rs. 460 000) for a model with Xeon E3-1505M v5, $6299 (about Rs. 420 000) for a version with Core i7-6920HQ and $5499 (about Rs. 366 000) for Core i7-6700HQ edition.